Skip to main content
Changes ahead
Some pages will look different than others as we modernize to bring you an even better website.

Reverse Transfer

Reverse Transfer allows students who have completed credits toward an associate degree to receive an MCC degree even if they have transferred to a four-year college or university.

Students who have completed a minimum of 22.5-quarter hours at MCC and then transfer to a four-year college or university can transfer credit back to MCC to earn an MCC associate degree. Students can earn either the liberal arts or general studies associate degree at MCC.

How does the Reverse Transfer Program work?

Step 1: Students need to complete the Reverse Transfer form below or through their University of Nebraska dashboard link.
Step 2: Students will need to submit their official transcript from their college or university.


  • by mail:
    MCC Registrar's Office
    PO Box 3777
    Omaha, NE 68103
  • hand deliver to the Registrar's Office (Fort Omaha Campus, building 5). The transcript must be in a sealed college envelope.
  • ​electronically ONLY through a third party electronic transcript provider (Parchment, Scrip-Safe, National Student Clearinghouse, etc.) to the e-mail:


In order to earn an MCC associate degree through Reverse Transfer, students must have attended a regionally accredited institution and have subsequently earned a 2.0 GPA or higher.  MCC will only accept grades of “C” or higher.  Students who qualify for Reverse Transfer will need to submit official transcripts to MCC Registrar's Office.

Students need to complete the Reverse Transfer form below or through their University of Nebraska dashboard link.

Students will need to submit their official transcript from their college or university to MCC Registrar's Office.

  • Must have earned a 2.0 GPA or higher
  • Grades of "C" or higher will only be accepted
  • Must be from a regionally accredited college or university

*Possible MCC degrees earned include General Studies or Liberal Arts Transfer associate degree.

MCC will send a notice of final review.

Reverse Transfer Inquiry Form

(example: xxx-xxx-xxxx)
Enter security code:
 Security code

By submitting this form I authorize Metropolitan Community College, to make changes to my academic record on my behalf.

What are the benefits

  • An associate degree can open the door to more job opportunities and higher pay.
  • Students can earn an associate degree while pursuing their bachelor’s degree.
  • Transfer students with an associate degree are much more likely to persist to a bachelor’s degree.

Who is eligible?

Students must have earned a minimum of 22.5 or more quarter credits at MCC to be eligible for the reverse transfer degree.

What steps do students need to take to earn a reverse transfer degree?

Applying for a reverse transfer degree is a simple and seamless process. Students need to complete the Reverse Transfer form on this page or through their University Dashboard link. Then, students will need to submit their transcript to MCC for evaluation.

Will earning an associate's degree impact my eligibility for financial aid, scholarships, and/or military benefits?

Earning an Associate’s degree will not impact your eligibility for state or federal financial aid or military education benefits while you're pursuing a bachelor's degree. If you are receiving private scholarship money, please check with the awarding organization to ensure that earning an associate’s degree will not render you ineligible for the scholarship.


For more information about the Reverse Transfer Program at MCC, please send an email to