Skip to main content
Changes ahead
Some pages will look different than others as we modernize to bring you an even better website.

Transfer to MCC

Transfer to Metropolitan Community College

If you are looking for information regarding the transferability of a course or course(es) you may have taken at another institution, please visit Transfer Nebraska. Courses that do not meet the criteria for transfer may be brought in as a Prior Learning Assessment petition, based on a review by the program director and/or dean.

Students who wish to transfer credits from another institution to MCC must have a program of study on their record for the incoming transcripts to be evaluated against the requirements for that program or degree. Students who do not have an active program of study on their record at the time of receipt will not have their transcripts evaluated.

Contact an Academic Advisor if you need advisement or have questions on program options at 531-622-2400.

Please visit our Course Equivalency, Transcript on File page for more information pertaining to Sending your Official Transcripts, Evaluation Timelines, and Processes.

Reverse Transfer Program

Any former MCC student who has transferred 22.5 or more MCC quarter credit hours to a regionally accredited four-year institution is eligible for the reverse transfer program. Under that program, any student who completes the general education requirements for their bachelor degree program at a regionally accredited college or university and transfers their credits back to MCC with a GPA of 2.0 or higher will have met the MCC general education requirements for their declared associate's degree.

For more information, submit the Reverse Transfer Inquiry form.

Enrollment during high school

High school students may enroll in MCC courses offered to the general public. In order to enroll at the College, a high school student must:

  • Have a minimum of a "C" average in high school subjects.
  • Follow the enrollment policies and procedures of the College (I.e., assessment testing and prerequisite course work).
  • Discuss enrollment with a parent/legal guardian and a high school official.

To enroll please visit our Secondary Partnerships page.