Keeping Our College Community Healthy and Safe
We are dedicated to providing a safe, secure and welcoming environment to everyone at Metropolitan Community College. The following Health and Safety Guidance applies to all students, employees and visitors to our facilities.
- Health and Safety Guidance
- Personal Safety
- Victim Assistance Agencies
Health and Safety Guidance
To keep our campuses and facilities safe, MCC encourages all students, employees and guests to follow healthy practices. Here are some reminders:
- Practice frequent hand washing, sanitizing surfaces, and covering your mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- Stay home when you don’t feel well.
- COVID-19 vaccines and boosters are widely available and encouraged. Please see the Center for Disease Control for the most current and detailed information about vaccine and booster safety.
- Masks and face coverings are still welcome and encouraged, but not required in MCC facilities.
- If you have been exposed to COVID-19, you no longer need to self-report, but keep current on the latest guidance from the CDC.
We work hard to keep our campuses and facilities safe. Students, employees and the visiting public play a role in campus safety as well. The following resources are meant to help you make the right decisions concerning your own safety and security. We encourage anyone at our facilities to report all incidents of crime by calling 911 or contacting MCC Police at 531-622-2222. With your help, we can provide a safer campus environment.
Victim Assistance Agencies
If you or someone you know is the victim of a crime or currently in an abusive situation, it is important to connect with agencies that can assist.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (24/7)
- Love is Respect (24/7)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 988 (call or text)
- Nebraska Family Helpline — Any questions, any time: 1-888-866-8660
- BoysTown Hotline: 1-800-448-3000 or text "VOICE" to 20121 (free resource and counseling service)
- Crisis Text Line: text HELLO to 741741
- Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990 (call or text)
- Women's Center for Advancement Hotline: 402-346-7273 — offers 24/7 support and services for individuals facing domestic or dating violence, and victims of sexual assault, stalking or human trafficking.