What is Find-Me Printing?
Find-Me Printing solves the problem of having the user know what printer name to print to, instead it allows the user to print to a cloud-based print queue.
It works as follows:
- The user prints to a single site-wide cloud queue.
- The user then walks up to a Release Station, logs in, locates their job, then releases it.
MCC Find-Me Print Printer
Find-Me Printing Printer
- This is a general-purpose, no-frills print queue. Jobs sent to this queue can be picked up from ANY PaperCut Print Release Station on campus.
- Printer Availability: ANY PaperCut Print Release Station
- This is black & white only, and has duplexing available.
- Cost: $0.07 per page
How to Use Find-Me Printing at MCC
- You must be logged into the computer under your MCC credentials, as your print job is sent to the print queues under your username/student ID.
- When printing your document, select the Find-Me-Printing Printer listed to send your print job to. Once you selected Find-Me-Printing Printer, click Point.
- Log into the Release Station/Copier using one of the following methods:
- Your MCC Credentials
- Your Student ID
- You will then be presented with a list of jobs that are awaiting release. You my opt to release individual jobs by selecting each job and pressing Point, or you may release them all simultaneously by pressing Print All.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to install any printers or print drivers on my work-station to start using Find-Me Printing?
- No, the printer will be automatically rolled out to all MCC campus computers. All you will need to do is select the appropriate printer when it comes time to print!
- How and When am I charged for print jobs when using Find-Me Printing?
- Users are not charged for a print job until it is released from a Print Release Station.
- If you have any questions on how much your job will cost after you have submitted your print job to the queue, you can visit a Print Release Station, log in, select the job you want to release and see the cost of your print job before you print it.
- What happens if I don't go to pick up my print job?
- After a period of 48 hours, your print job will be purged from the queue. Your account will not be charged if a print job expires before it is picked up.