Are you nearing completion of your program of study? You must apply to graduate!
All students must submit a separate graduation application for each degree, certificate of achievement, or career certificate that they anticipate receiving. The application must be submitted for the quarter in which a program of study will be completed. You can apply for graduation if you are taking the last class(es) in the current or in the next quarter (select respectively the current or the next term for graduation).
Deadlines to file a graduation application are as follows:
- Fall Quarter - Student graduating in the Fall Quarter - submit your application by November 1st
- Winter Quarter - Student graduating in the Winter Quarter - submit your application by February 1st
- Spring Quarter - Student graduating in the Spring Quarter - submit your application by May 1st
- Summer Quarter - Student graduating in the Summer Quarter - submit your application by August 1st
*Spring and summer graduates only - submit your application by April 1st if you wish your name to appear in the Commencement Ceremony Program.
At MCC, degrees, certificates and career certificates are awarded after the end of each quarter and denote the completion of a program of study.
The MCC Commencement Ceremony is held annually to recognize all students who have graduated or will graduate during the current academic year (fall, winter, spring, and summer quarters).
No additional application is required, you can provide the details for the ceremony during the graduation application.
How to submit the graduation application:
Submit online from your Self Service student portal under Graduation Overview.
Step 1: Check your progress in Self Service (Academics - Student Planning - My progress).
Step 2: Determine which quarter you are completing your program of study (the current or the next one).
Step 3: Check the deadlines for application (see above).
Step 4: Click APPLY from the GRADUATION OVERVIEW tab and fill in the application details.
STEP 5: Check your entries and click SUBMIT. Repeat the steps for each degree or certificate you are receiving. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to your MCC student e-mail address.
What happens next:
The official review of graduation applications will begin after the census date of the quarter for which you have applied for, and the status will be updated.
Note: Some statuses may not change until all courses are successfully completed at the end of the quarter.
Check the application status:
- Go to Self Service.
- Click on User Options, found on the task bar on the left (The person icon at the end of the list).
- Click on Required Documents.
The following are status updates that you may see:
- Under Review indicates your graduation application was received by the Records Department and is being reviewed. Approval may not be noted until after the currently enrolled courses are passed successfully.
- Incomplete indicates there are program challenges that can be resolved by the degree confirmation date. Please contact your advisor for next steps.
- Met indicates that the program requirements have been met. Congratulations!
- Denied indicates program challenges are not resolved by the degree confirmation date. Please contact your advisor for next steps.
- Canceled indicates correspondence has been received by the Registrar's Office stating the graduation application should be removed.
If there is any issue with your graduation application, you will be contacted by MCC. Your next step will be to contact your academic advisor for assistance.
2023-24 degree confirmation dates:
Degree confirmation dates:
- 23/SS: 29 August 2023
- 23/FA: 30 November 2023
- 23/WI: 05 March 2024
- 23/SP: 03 June 2024
- 24/SS: 23 August 2024
Transcripts and Awards:
- If you want to order a transcript showing your posted degree, you should either order your transcript after degrees are conferred or choose the order option that states after degree is awarded.
- Degrees and Certificates are mailed to qualifying students four to six weeks after the end of each quarter.
Participation in the annual MCC Commencement Ceremony is optional.
- The MCC Commencement Ceremony is held annually in May to recognize students who have graduated or will graduate during the current academic year (fall, winter, spring, and summer quarters).
- Information about the ceremony can be found on the MCC Graduation Information page. The page is updated as additional details are available.
- Caps, gowns, and tassels may be purchased from Fort Omaha, South Omaha, or Elkhorn Valley campus bookstores approximately one month prior to the ceremony.
Consider joining the MCC Friends and Alumni Network today.
Need assistance with your job search, resume, interview preparations and other career explorations? Career Services is here to help you.
If you have received a student loan while attending Metropolitan Community College, you must complete online exit counseling.
Go to Financial Aid and select Loans (left hand column), scroll down to the LOAN COUNSELING, and follow the instructions. For any questions or assistance, call the Central Financial Aid Office at 531-MCC-2330.