what is KICKSTART ONLINE INSTITUTE (KSOI)?
The Kickstart Online Institute (KSOI) is a series of MCC general education courses that are scheduled for college-ready high school students to kickstart their college degrees while still in high school. These online college courses are provided in a 15-week format, count toward most MCC degrees, are transferable to many four-year institutions and are offered by NDE certified MCC instructors. Students can also check with their counselor about earning high school credit for these classes.
Benefits of KSOI:
- Get a head start on earing college-level credits while in high school
- Half the standard tuition rate for Nebraska high school residents
- Most courses count toward MCC degrees
- Courses may transfer to many four-year institutions (check with a college before assuming transferability)
To learn about transferability at local four-year colleges, please visit the Articulation webpage.
- Registration deadline: Aug. 17, 2021
- Course Dates: Aug. 23 – Dec. 10, 2021
- Break: Nov. 22-26, 2021
- Registration deadline: Jan. 12, 2022
- Course Dates: Jan. 18 – May 6, 2022
- Break: Feb. 28 - March 4, 2022
ready to enroll?
Step 1: Apply to MCC
Step 2: Complete the KSOI registration form
Step 3: Email or mail KSOI registration
Mail: Secondary Partnerships
Metropolitan Community College
P.O. Box 3777, Building 7
Omaha, NE 68103-0777
Note: Seats are limited. Students are encouraged to register early, as courses fill quickly. Enrollment is on a first come, first served basis.
- 1st semester: payment due Aug. 26
- 2nd semester: payment due Jan. 20
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Do you have more questions? If so, check out our FAQ page.