Documents for F-1 Travel

MCC International Students


Travel and Re-entry into the U.S.

F-1 students who leave the United States temporarily must have the following documents to attempt to re-enter the U.S. in F-1 status:

  • Valid passport
  • Valid (unexpired) U.S. visa stamp in your passport, unless you are from a country that is exempt from requiring an F-1 visa, such as Canada.
  • Valid I-20 form, signed for travel on page 3 by a Designated School Official in the International Student Services
  • Evidence of financial resources/funding, such as an official bank letter or statement in English, in U.S. currency, and dated within six months.
  • Evidance of student status, such as a transcript and a copy of the current or future student class schedule

For additional information visit