Skip to main content
Changes ahead
Some pages will look different than others as we modernize to bring you an even better website.


Resources and options for help

If you have experienced sexual and/or relationship misconduct, MCC is committed to offering you the resources and support you deserve. Remember that no matter the circumstances, you are not to blame. Give yourself permission to do what you need to do to take care of yourself.

You are entitled to receive the full range of resources and support services the College has to offer, including academic, employment, emotional support; and advocacy services.

Supportive Measures

MCC can take immediate steps to protect you and to ensure your safety and well-being, as well as that of the campus community. Supportive measures depend largely on the incident at issue and are determined by the college on a case-by-case basis.

You do not need to make a formal report to the College to request supportive measures.  Contact a Title IX Coordinator to discuss supportive measures that can be offered to you.

Sexual Assault Help (information about sexual assault reporting, where to seek help, follow-up services, and FAQs for Douglas and Sarpy Counties -  English and Spanish)

Community (Off-Campus) Resources

Confidential Support and Advocacy

The Women's Center for Advancement serves the Omaha community by providing advocacy and support to anyone who has experienced sexual and/or relationship misconduct.

Women’s Center for Advancement
24/7 Crisis Hotline: 402-345-7273
24/7 ESPAÑOL HOTLINE 402-672-7118
Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM—5:00 PM
222 S. 29th St Omaha, NE 68131

Please visit the Women's Center for Advancement to learn more about the services they provide.

Heartland Family Services (HFS)24/7 Hotline|800-523-3666

Burt, Cuming, Dodge, Saunders and Washington counties:

Community Resources for Emergency Assistance
  • Lasting Hope Recovery Center - 24/7 |  402-717-540
  • UNMC Emergency Room | 402-559-6637 or 402-552-2000
  • CHI (Immanuel) Emergency Room | 402-572-2225 or 402-572-2121

Medical Resources

MCC encourages all individuals who have experienced sexual or relationship misconduct to seek medical attention in order to address injuries and evaluate their overall health and well-being. Medical exams may also address non-apparent physical injuries, test for sexually-transmitted infections, provide emergency medication if needed, and/or preserve evidence related to what has occurred.

Seeking medical attention and preserving evidence may be important in case the individual decides to report the incident to law enforcement.

If you have experienced sexual or relationship misconduct and would like to receive medical care, the following resource is available to you. 

Methodist Hospital

Methodist Hospital|8303 Dodge Street|402-354-4000
Methodist Women’s Hospital |707 N. 190th Plz. | 402-815-4000
Methodist Hospital Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Hotline | 402-354-4424

Law Enforcement and Safety Resources

If you are in immediate danger, call 911 to receive emergency support.

Individuals who have experienced sexual and/or relationship misconduct have the right to file a police report. You do not have to file a police report in order to report an incident to the College, nor do you have to report an incident to the College in order to make a police report.

Omaha Police Department

  • For matters requiring an immediate police response, call 911.
  • For general police-related questions, please call (402) 444-5600.
  • OPD Website

MCC College Police Department (for incidents occurring on campus)

Legal Assistance

Legal Aid of Nebraska: 402-348-1069



National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-4673
Boystown Hotline: 1-800-448-3000
National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255 or 9-8-8

Non-urgent resources: