NOMINATIONS ARE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Heart of metro award
The Heart of Metro Award recognizes employees for outstanding contributions to Metropolitan Community College and the community.
To recognize employees for outstanding contributions to the College and the community.
Criteria for the award
- Employees may be full time or part time
- Employees must have completed one year of employment or three quarters of teaching
- Employees are eligible for the award every three years
Employee must meet the following criteria addressed in the nomination:
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
- Lead change
- Foster an inclusive workplace
- Work smart
- Respect diversity
- Be service centered
Two submission periods will take place each year, typically during Fall and Spring Quarter. Nominations may be submitted by any employee, student or community member online at Heart of Metro Nomination Form.
Recognize a deserving colleague today!
Type and Number of Awards
Two awards are presented annually. A certificate and appropriate memento is awarded to each recipient.
Any employee, student or community member may nominate a full- or part-time employee. Nominations must be submitted online using the nomination form.
Awards are presented at an informal recognition activity.
Recent HEART OF METRO Recipients
- Spring 2009 - Dave Golda
- Summer 2010 - Katie Stahlnecker
- Fall 2010 - Craig Carlson
- Winter 2010 - Larry Lindberg
- Spring 2011 - Mary Vogt
- Summer 2011 - Zahear Kmail
- Fall 2011 - Marty Martinez
- Spring 2012 - Daniel Lawse
- Summer 2012 - Shanda Clark
- Fall 2012 - Doug Pagel
- Winter 2012 - Connie Kline
- Spring 2013 - Bernadine Cutsor
- Summer 2013 - George Vana
- Fall 2013 - Tim O'Donnell
- Winter 2014 - Terry Casey
- Spring 2014 - Kathy Rigdon
- Summer 2014 - Hans Rudin
- Fall 2014 - Sharyn Leigh
- Winter 2015 - Naomi Greelis-Mattos
- Spring 2015 - Oystein Solberg
- Fall 2015 - Harold Loveless
- Winter 2015 - Cheryl Goodman
- Spring 2016 - Jo Ann Gast
- Spring 2017 - David Lueders
- Fall 2017 - Lisa Richards
- Spring 2018 - Marilyn Cotten
- Fall 2018 - Elizabeth Vazquez
- Spring 2019 - Aubrey Baxter
- Fall 2019 - Sheryl Jouvenat