ABOUT THE INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN BOOTCAMP
Our eight-week Instructional Design Bootcamp workshop will meet you where you are and support you in taking your skills to the next level. Combining facilitated online and live-virtual sessions, the workshop follows best practices for both synchronous and asynchronous learning and provides active, practical experiences that will prepare you to achieve core instructional design competencies, as well as theory—the ‘why’ behind the action.
Through hands-on activities, interactive assignments, projects, and expert coaching and feedback, you will experience end-to-end course development by applying best practices in adult learning, learning design models, that is portfolio worthy.
Upcoming Program Dates, Click on the Class to Register:
Fall Dates TBA, Coming Soon.
The Instructional Design Boot Camp is an eight-week workshop. Live virtual coaching, guidance, and discussion will occur weekly, on Fridays. The workshop will culminate in a final live virtual session dedicated to celebrating completed projects and sharing comprehensive feedback.
- Instructional Designers
- Human Resource Professionals
- K12 Teachers (especially those interested in transitioning to the instructional design field)
- Organization Development Practitioners
- Module One: Workshop Introduction
- Module Two: Conduct a needs assessment and analysis
- Module Three: Determine performance-based outcomes and measurement
- Module Four: Identify competencies and assessment strategies
- Module Five: Write learning objectives
- Module Six: Design teaching and learning strategies
- Module Seven: Develop learning materials and resources
- Module 8: Create and deliver a project presentation
Participants can earn 4.0 CEUs | 40.0 PDCs.
Through successful completion of the workshop, you will:
- Establish a solid base of learning and design best practices to support any project
- Take a project of your choice from start to finish with the support of an experienced designer
- Draw from a curated collection of learning resources to support you at each step
- Receive peer and instructor feedback at multiple points to refine and celebrate your project
- Create learning artifacts that can be added to an instructional design portfolio
- Receive a digital badge credential that you can add to your professional portfolio as evidence of your skill.
The Instructional Design Bootcamp will be facilitated by Kim Whiteside, Karen Wegner, and Kim Chatham. Bootcamp facilitators have graduate-level degrees in adult learning and have a passion for designing active, performance-based learning experiences. For more information, please click about instructors.
Workshop space is limited! Register today and strengthen your instructional design skills!