MCC Commencement Ceremony
The MCC Commencement Ceremony is held annually to recognize students who have graduated or will graduate during the current academic year (fall, winter, spring and summer quarters).
At MCC, degree confirmation occurs at the end of each quarter and denotes the completion of a program of study. Degrees and certificates of achievement are mailed approximately 4-6 weeks after the end of each quarter to qualifying students.
Participation in the May commencement ceremony is optional. The ceremony is only for degree and certificate of achievement graduates (students receiving a career certificate are NOT eligible to participate).
How to participate in the may commencement ceremony
- Complete the graduation application by April 1st. This is the only application you will need to submit to participate.
- Refer to your My Services account to ensure that the status states Received. You will also get an email confirmation as soon as you have submitted your application. If you did not, then your application was not successfully submitted and you must apply again. If there is an issue with your application, the Records office will follow-up with you.
The email confirmation will be the only communication piece you will receive regarding graduation.
- Pick up your cap and gown about a month prior to the commencement ceremony.
- Show up at the ceremony!
FAQs About MCC's Commencement Ceremony
Will I receive my diploma at the ceremony?
No. A diploma cover is used for the ceremony. Diplomas and certificates of achievement for each quarter are mailed 4-6 weeks after the end of the quarter the student is graduating from. For example, if a student has applied for graduation during the fall quarter, his/her diploma will not be mailed until after fall quarter. So, it is possible that the student has already received his/her diploma or certificate prior to the May commencement ceremony.
When is the next ceremony?
MCC's 2017 Commencement Ceremony will be held next May at the Baxter Arena, 2425 S. 67th Street, Omaha. Date and time to be announced later. This ceremony is for graduates of the academic year for the following quarters:
- 2016 Fall
- 2016-17 Winter
- 2017 Spring
- 2017 Summer
What color are caps and gowns?
Black. Graduates are required to wear a cap and gown to participate in the commencement ceremony. It must match the one required by MCC.
What can honor society members wear?
- Members of Alpha Delta Omega, Kappa Beta Delta, National Technical Honor Society and Phi Theta Kappa are eligible to wear the tassel, pin, sash/stole or medallion of their honor society.
- Contact your honor society chapter for information on ordering. Please see the MCC Organizations web page for contact information.
- Order early to ensure delivery in time for graduation.
How will I know if I graduate with honors?
- To graduate with honors, a student must earn a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or above in his/her program of study - (degrees and certificates of achievement only).
- Honors graduates will receive a gold honors medallion to wear during the ceremony, when you receive your name card at check-in.
- The medallion is yours to keep.
Is there a limit on how many guests to invite to the ceremony?
No, but we strongly encourage families to allow plenty of time to park and find seats.
Is there a charge for family and guests, or do they need tickets?
For further information about the commencement ceremony, please contact:
Records at 531-622-2353 or email@example.com
For questions about the graduation application process, please contact:
- An academic advisor at any Student Services office, or
- Call 531-622-2400 to make an appointment with an advisor
For GED graduation ceremony information, please contact:
- Adult Basic Education, 531-622-2312
For Photos and DVDs, look here!
Photos from the 2016 Commencement Ceremony are now available from Lifetouch, https://events.lifetouch.com/mccneb. If you have any questions regarding still photography, you can contact Lifetouch at 800-505-9496 or https://events.lifetouch.com/about/contactus.aspx.
DVDs or Blu-ray of the 2016 Commencement Ceremony are available by completing the MCC Graduation DVD/Blu-ray form. If you have any questions regarding video media, contact Aaron, firstname.lastname@example.org at thinkMotion.
To order MCC Graduation Diploma Frames, go to http://kggroupstl.com/metrocc/.